Friday, July 13, 2007 9:40 PM
TGIF! It's friday again! I love fridays! 'Cos it means that weekends are here! *scream* Im so desparate for rest and more sleep now. Store operations at [First Avenue] are just draining all my energy away. Setting up a store is really not an easy thing I must say. The whole journey is so damn tiring, but, I still enjoy it (except for some issues) 'cos it let me learn a lot of new stuff on being a visual merchandiser, being a buyer and retail staff.
The whole project allows us to experience the duties and problems all these 3 positions will face. I have learnt that being a visual merchandiser is not only decorating and doing up the whole look of your store, it involved so much more consideration and it will cause major effect to your whole store's image and even your sales figures.
Being a buyer is also not as easy as I thought. In the past, I thought that being a buyer is a super wooper fun job as you get to travel around and look at tons of clothes. But, a buyer really needs an abundance of energy 'cos you always have to travel around time and time again and to many different stores so as to get the best price. During a buying trip, every cents counts cos you want to make the fullest use of all your budget. You have take up huge responsibilties too because if the merchandise you brought into the store do not sell, you are in some deep shit. It's really hard to make decision for the whole team and chose the merchandise to buy. One word,
STRESS!Well, enough of my blaberrings. Let me show you guys how our store looks like and some of the merchandise we have. I love our store and Im so proud of my group!
Few days before trading period starts, we begin setting up our store. Thanks Hui Ning, our great artist for designing and painting the walls. NICELY DONE!

Price tag (left) The crown done by us (right)
Voila! All done! This is how our store looks like on the 1st day.

Our product catalogue and pictures on Korea Latest Fashion trend. (left)
Our storename 나 (pronounced as na, meaning Me in Korean)
This how our store looks like today.

Window display done by our class!
Window display done by T03.
During all these stressful days, Ah Fu is still forever playing! Anyway, a really big thank you to you. You really bring laughter to all of us making our project fun and full of life!